Christi



Visa & Discover

If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Friday, July 01, 2011

Moving Right Along

Somehow June is almost over (or maybe it's already finished depending on when I post). Time flies when you're having fun...and staying really busy. Programs at the health centre are being developed. I'm focusing on encouraging youth friendly health services by working with nurse/mid-wife & visiting with the students at the secondary school. We are also working on a career planning program with those interested youths. I'm still hoping to develop a nutrition program through the health centre to educate mothers.

The work at the CBO is also coming together. I'm really enjoying the therapy program with the handicap youth and will possibly help expand the program to increase the efficacy. I'm also working with the handicap adult group to develop their income generating garden. This is partly self serving because it's difficult for me to get vegetables so I'm encouraging them to grow vegetables I like. I'll do cooking demonstrations with those vegetables to encourage the group to add them to their own diet. It's a win-win: I'll be a loyal buyer and they might find some new vegetables they like.

I hope to start working with a few fish farmers soon. Other than that, I'm planning a couple big programs for late 2011/early 2012. All of these current and future projects keep me hopping 6 days almost every week. Busy...just the way I like it! And thankfully I'm working with some wonderful and equally motivated people. Staying focused is my only challenge when the needs are as great as they are.
In house developments, I own a love seat and chair. I plan to get cushions made so I can take an occasional nap :) I'm also planning to paint my bedrooms, doors, and windows for a bit more color in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home