Christi



Visa & Discover

If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Friday, June 29, 2007

Happy 4th of July (early)

It has been a busy couple weeks – but very fun! I hosted first site visit with much help from Julie. Four new RAP Trainees came to my house 3 days after they arrived in Zambia. We visited fish ponds and gardens, ate traditional Zambian food, witnessed N’yau dancing, and had a good ol’ American party! The 4 that came to my house will make great volunteers.

The only negative thing in the last couple weeks was Roxy’s death. I’m planning to get another female rabbit in a few weeks and the Rabbit Multiplication Project will be back up and running.

I’m in town to work at CDFA (Chipata District Farmers Association) and Julie and I have a meeting with our counterparts. I’m also here to relax a bit, buy food, blog, email, and get ready to go to Malawi for the 4th of July. Julie and I are going to the lake to get a tan and go snorkeling and kayaking.

I’ll update pictures as soon as possible.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pal,

You and Julie have a great trip! You deserve it after the hosting of vol., partying and the tragic,untimely death of Roxy!

It's hard to believe that this is the 2nd. 4th of July you've been gone! As much as I miss you, I have to admit time has flown by!

Time for me to go to work,ugh :(

Have a safe and happy 4th!!!!

I love you and miss you,alot!!!

Mom :)

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home