Christi



Visa & Discover

If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Changing My Life!


It has been a great few days! I've been in Lusaka since last Thursday and have eaten pizza 3 times, washed my clothes in a washer, and watched about 10 hours of Law & Order! Yesterday Ruth and Beth arrived safely in Lusaka and we spent the afternoon touring the American style strip malls. We ate traditional Zambian food last night and it went over well with Ruth and Beth. Ruth couldn't make herself try kapenta b/c the eyes kept looking at her. (Kapenta is like sardines and it's one of my favorites.)

And now a great big THANK YOU to everyone who contributed to "The iPod Project"! I don't want to sound dramatic but I think it might change my life! I think I might become a technology snob. I was like a 5 year old at Christmas yesterday when they gave it to me. I'm still figuring out what all the extra pieces but they all seem important. So thank you Mom, Sharon, Ruth, Katy, Bill, Chesterton Library, Valparaiso Library and everyone else that contributed. Also a giant thank you to Mike and Ann for the card, candles, and chocolate.

Tomorrow we head to Livingstone to enjoy Victoria Falls and all that it entails. I'll update soon but until then I be enjoying the company of great friends and listening to my iPod.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI, good picture and you look healthy and happy. Sounds like you and Ruth and Beth are going to have a great time-they are lucky to have a "tour guide". Makes me wish I were there too. I'm like Ruth-I would have a little trouble eating anything that the eyes were looking at me. Love you lots, Grandma B.

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you like the ipod stuff. I've been trying to figure out how I can add stuff (namely, tv shows) to it when *I* come to visit. I think the only way, at this point, would be for me to bring my computer, which doesn't sound like a great idea. Don't worry, I *will* figure it out by September.

Anyway, I owe you about 12 letters. I'm so sorry. But I do still plan on visiting in September!!! When exams are over (June 7 AHHHHH) I will call you!!

katy

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home