Christi



Visa & Discover

If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Back in the Saddle Again

Where have I been? Is that what you are wondering? I'm alive and well and just celebrated my 8 month anniversary of leaving Indiana! Hard to believe, huh?

Quick recap of vacation (see Julie's site for a more complete story): Tazanzia was beautiful and the company was great. We spent Christmas Eve in Dar es Saalam and New Year's in Arusha. We went on safari in the Ngorongoro Crater. It was a volcano that collapsed over 2000 years ago and is now inhabited by the most amazing wildlife. We were dangerously close to lions and other animals I had only ever seen in a zoo.

After returning to Zambia I spent some time visiting friends in Northern Prov. and hanging out in Lusaka. I eventually made it back to the village and have been suffering through the rains.

I hate the rainy season! I have a leaky roof (now fixed) and a mud pit of a yard. It's really not as bad as it sounds and I don't mind that much.

The rain prevents alot of work from happening so I have not been doing much. I will start teaching this week at the school. I'm planning a hand washing and hygiene workshop and a girls empowerment workshop. The rains will be slowing soon and then I can get down to business.

So in my village I'm Christine or Christinie or Christina. My baby brother in the village can't say Christinie so I'm Teeny! It's really cute! I have hired some help. It's my neighbor dad. He helps with my yard and home improvements. He's building me a new door for my latrine right now. Next will be planting a live fence.

Next time I post I will write it out before so I can put some thought into it! Before I go here's the last of my news for those that have not heard: I'm coming home for Christmas 2007! Hope to see as many people as I can!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your trips sound amazing. You're a real champ to hang in there with the rain. We have snow and bitter cold if that helps. It sounds like your house is becoming a home. I can't believe you've been there that long, but now you get to come again! Take care!
Love, Jill

3:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get my letter? Wow, I can't believe you've just had your 8 month anniversary! I wish I could come and visit there!
P.S. This just in- I'm pregnant and I want you to meet my new baby over Christmas!

:) KZ

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home