Christi



Visa & Discover

If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Do it for 'Merica!

It's getting close to a month since I left home and it's been a great experience so far! I'm looking forward to celebrating July 4th on Tuesday and we're doing it 'Merica style, complete with fireworks!

Before I forget, I want to say thank you for the emails Grandma, Lisa, Bill, Dad, Mom and anyone else I missed. Also, Ruth, Grandma B., Grandma D., Katy, and Bill - Thank you for the letters. You have no idea how much I love getting letters and everyone is jealous of me, especially when I get 4 letters in one day!

Check the links to my fellow trainees - I know Ray has some pics on his. In case you're wondering what I'm doing in that pic (I'm in the green shirt), I'm releasing fingerlings into a pond! I helped dig a pond yesterday and it was alot of fun - hard work but fun.

You would not believe the Zambian winters! It's in the 40's in the morning and by 10:30 or 11am it's in the 80's. The sun is intense here! I'm not tanning all that much - the Mef blocks that but I have some sweet tan lines! The winter will be over in a month or two and then I'll miss it when it's raining every day!

For anyone who is thinking of coming to visit, please do! Words cannot describe it and pics would not do it justice. Zambia calls itself the real Africa and I think they are right. It's what I thought of when I thought of Africa and it's everything I hoped it would be. Although I want to see more wildlife but the zebras are cool!

Training is going so fast. We had our first language exam yesterday and I think I did okay. We will find out our site postings in a couple weeks and as much as I want to know, I don't because that means I'm going to have to leave all of the awesome people I've become friends with. It's amazing how quickly you can become friends with people when you have an extreme common experience. I feel like I've known these people for years.

I'll try to update again in a few weeks! Send letters!!!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pal,

Great to talk to you as much as we are able to and your blogs are very informative! Are zebras the only wild beasts you've seen? I'm glad you mention the zebra,b/c I kept forgeting to ask you about the animals.

Tell Ray thanks for posting the pics,they are great and nice to see you,sort of!

Take care of yourself Pal-I think about you all the time,and when I go for walks I wonder about the places you are walking to and from!

Talk to you soon! Missing you and Love you! Mom :)

1:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Christi - sure enjoy reading your blogs - also looked at Ray's blog and saw your picture - I will go in and look at the other blogs after I get done sending this comment to you. I am planning to mail you a package tomorrow.Mom says keep it under 4 lbs so I will be sending you the first one and another one shortly thereafter. Grandma and Granpa B were very happy to talk to you yesterday. They said you sounded great, Christi. Keep the blogs coming as long as you have access to the computer. We love you and think of you every day. Love. Grandma and Grandpa D

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home