Christi



Visa & Discover

If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Saying Goodbye

With less than 4 days to go, I'm having to do what I've been dreading....saying goodbye to family and friends. I had to tell a lot of people goodbye on Monday at my Deportation Party (which was a great time!) and last night I had to tell my grandparents bye. That was not easy. Sunday will be even harder. I know I'm making the right decision by joining the Peace Corps but at times like this I know it will not be an easy 2 years.

Tonight is my last night running w/ my Y group - I hope my legs feel better than they did on Tuesday! I haven't been racing much in the past year but I will miss training w/ everyone and getting ready for the big races. I'll really miss Dances with Dirt and Tecumseh, by far my favorite marathons (and beyond)....b/c I had such great people to run them with! People ask me if I'm going to run in Africa and my response is usually no b/c I don't like to run by myself but really it's b/c I don't like to run w/out my Y group and Dunes group. I'll miss crossing the railroad tracks at Washington, the view from the top of the Ridge, my dirty wool sweaters, Adrian(s), the horses, all fruit smoothies, and all the people that I enjoy those things with!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi and bye, Christi - It is hard to grasp that this is your final couple days in Indiana and that you really are leaving tomorrow for Africa. We knew it was happening but all of a sudden here it is. Grandpa and I love you very much and wish you the very best as you start out on this new venture and we will think of you every day. Take good care of yourself and come back to us when your tour is over. Hope to hear from you often. Grandma D

4:27 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Christi, believe me that we are going to miss you just as much as you miss us! Anyway, enough about that. Are you having a great time in Philly? I'll call you tonight and/or tomorrow.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to wish you a safe journey as you begin this adventure. I can't wait to hear about your first impressions as your arrive in Zambia.
Be safe and know that I'm thinking about you and praying that this will be the experience that you hope for.

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Christi - We are so happy to hear that things are going well now and glad that you are able to put that awful experience at the airport behind you. Love getting your e-mails. I have mailed you a couple cards-you last Tuesday and another one today. Hopefully they will be at Kitwe waiting for you to get there. We are waiting for news from you Mom on her house purchase to see if they accept her new offer. Like I told her, what will be will be. She'll get it if she's meant to - if not, a better house is out there for her. We are just glad she is involved in this now-it is sure to help her in the weeks and months ahead. Love, Grandma D

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christi,

I met your dad today for the first time today and he was very eager to jump into conversation about what his daughter was doing and how proud he was of her. (As you can tell since he sent me your blogg link) Even though we have never met in person, I can only imagine what a great person you are having been raised by a stand up guy like your dad. Keep up the great adventures and best of luck to you.

Ron W.

3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home